The primary focus of the Beta Alpha Omega Chapter service program is providing scholarships and college preparation information to students in our area. The chapter administers two scholarship programs. We also serve as a clearinghouse for information about scholarships offered by other groups.
Beta Alpha Omega Scholarships
Beta Alpha Omega Chapter administers scholarships for students applying to college and undergraduate college students:
For College Applicants:
Beta Alpha Omega Chapter Scholarship applicants must:
• Be a female of color;
• Attend a public high school in Newark, Irvington or Hillside, NJ;
• Be pursuing a 4-year degree at a fully accredited institution on a full-time basis;
• Have a Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher;
• Exhibit excellence in the areas of leadership, scholarship and community service; and
• Submit a fully completed application packet.
Beta Alpha Omega distributes scholarship applications to traditional public and charter schools in Newark, Hillside and Irvington.
The scholarship application deadline: April 15, 2016 (postmarked no later than)
Click on the link below to download the application:
E. Alma Flagg Endowed E.A.F. Scholarship
The E. Alma Flagg Endowed E.A.F. Scholarship applicants must:
• Be female;
• Be full-time and currently enrolled undergraduate student with at least sophomore standing at an accredited campus-based degree-granting institution;
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (“C+” average);
• Have demonstrated community service and involvement.
The scholarship application deadline is Monday, April 10, 2017. The application is available on the Educational Advancement Foundation website. Applications must be mailed to:
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
Beta Alpha Omega Chapter
P.O. Box 2069
Newark, NJ 07114
Any applications mailed to the Educational Advancement Foundation will not be processed.
Learn more about EAF (Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Fund):
For more information, please contact scholarship committee at email@example.com